The Scholarships are directed towards the applied use of music in health, education and social service programmes in clinical areas of music therapy, or for clinically related theoretical research. Research projects will be primarily aimed at music therapy, but can also be in art based therapies or associated fields. The PhD programme is linked to the five-year master programme in music therapy. The doctoral students are trained in a stimulating and enriching international and cross-disciplinary research environment and are offered a learning community founded on problem based learning principles.
The tuition free scholarship covers:
- Registration fees at Aalborg University
- Research supervision
- Six integrated Aalborg PhD courses (each 5 ECTS)
- Introductory ethics course
- Expenses covered for yearly travels to, and accommodation in, Aalborg
- The possibility to have additional relevant expenses covered (proof reading etc.)
- Assessments and defense of the PhD thesis
There is no salary attached to the scholarships, and no teaching obligations.
Application deadline: April 15, 2021 (submit to email@example.com)
Response on application from the board: June 1, 2021
Interview with the head of the programme: June, 2021
Enrolment (full time for 3 years, or part time for max. 6 year): September 1, 2021
Further requirements for the application; please add:
- a preliminary collaboration agreement with your working place confirming their willingness to support your enrolment as a doctoral researcher in Aalborg
- a preliminary statement declaring that your financial income is secured during the enrolment period
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive an official acceptance letter with the information about your scholarship status. Please note that the scholarship programme is highly competitive and only two scholarships can be offered this year.