Tilmeld dig Institut for Kommunikation og Psykologis nyhedsbrev og modtag en mail 2-5 gange om måneden. Nyhedsbrevet indholder invitationer til åbne arrangementer, seminarer og konferencer samt nyheder om fx bøger eller forskningsresultater. Du kan til ehver tid afmelde nyhedsbrevet, hvis du ikke længere ønsker at modtage det.
Video-Based Interaction Research: Technical course in data collection, video editing, transcription and sharing
This course introduces you to the basics of camera work, editing of video and sound, and transcription tools and enables you to collect, edit and transcribe video-based interaction data.
08.12.2017 kl. 09.00 - 08.12.2017 kl. 16.00
The first part of this course takes place online at dighumlab.moodle.aau.dk. The online parts of the course are organised as self-study where you go through material and tasks on your own. This should enable you to; capture video, edit it, getting the data into CLAN, ELAN or Transana, and start transcribing the material. The online parts are followed by a full day workshop (December 8th 2017) on advanced transcriptions practices in CLAN, ELAN or Transana. Before the face-to-face workshop, you need to have imported data into CLAN, ELAN or Transana and have begun a basic transcription of the data that will act as the point of departure for the work in the face-to-face workshop. The CLAN masterclass is from 9-12, while the ELAN and Transana masterclasses run simultaneously from 12.30-15:30. Online and face-to-face activities include practical exercises.
The course is for PhD-students, post docs, master students upon recommendation from their teachers, as well as senior researchers. Course starts at 9.00 and ends at 16.00. Max. 12 participants and a minimum of 6 participants. Online activities are estimated to last 16 hours. The online course will kick-off 24th of November.
Online course – Production of video
- Video recording, including choice of camera angles, camera work, coordination between different cameras, sound, digital formats.
- Sound recording.
Online course – Video editing
- Sound editing – multiple channels
- Video editing, including cutting, resizing and formatting of sound and video tracks, setting of more camera angles in the same video, subtitles, anonymizing participants, conversion, compression, and export of screenshots.
Masterclass (December 8th 2017) – Transcription of video
- Overview of transcription software (ELAN, CLAN, Transana) and transcription databases
- Participants follow an advanced masterclass in one of the programs CLAN, ELAN or Transana.
- Discussion of the participants’ specific needs for software in their own research and possible solutions.
Teachers are partly employees under theme 3 of DigHumLab and partly external specialists.
Course responsible are Thomas Ryberg and Jacob Davidsen.
Teachers: Max Eckardt (SDU), Jacob Davidsen (AAU) and Thomas Ryberg (AAU).
100kr to cover coffee & tea and lunch (or bring your own lunch – please indicate when registering).
DigHumLab - Theme 3: Interaction and Design Studie
Rendsburggade 14, 9000 Aalborg – Room 6.235.
23.11.2017 kl. 12.00